My year in review (2016)

I was terrified and excited in equal measure at all the things that were happening, changing, getting better. 

I had a meltdown on my birthday, and on Christmas Eve just because things aren't how they used to be. 

My boyfriend took me to my favourite place, we toasted marshmallows over a fire and stared into space. We ran in to the sea, up to our knees.

I cried on my own after receiving my book deal and then got a little bit tipsy and let out the biggest squeal. 

I packed and posted thousands of parcels, all full of lots and lots of sparkles. 

I did stuff I never thought I could or would. Live radio interviews on BBC  and got asked to speak live on ITV (I didn't agree). Spoke on a panel of creative women, missed my train ...and got tipsy again. 

I put a few thousand happy newspapers for free... in hospitals, care homes, on trains and planes. 

I made friends with a homeless man who put things into perspective, and a lady on a train who said we'd meet up again. 

I thought I couldn't do it, and told myself "I can do it". And guess what, I did it. 

I spent most time alone. But I guess I've grown. 

I didn't walk or read enough but I did get through a book, which is usually tough. 

I didn't sleep enough... or focus on me and stuff. 

I received messages from kind strangers who were sometimes like angels. 

My cards have been published and will be on sale to the public.

I watched my friends be brave. I forgave. 

I chased down a road to stop my favourite Ice cream van (that's probably the only time I ran). 

I found a man on the underground who seemed to be having some sort of breakdown. I held his hands and gave him a hug. He wasn't okay, and I couldn't just walk away. 

I went bowling twice. I ate food I like. 

I witnessed the most sparkly wedding. And watched my friend give her brave Dad a send off to heaven. 

I tried to be there for those who matter and realised you can solve a lot of things with laughter. 

I started writing my book... what the f_____

I was probably too busy, to the point where I got dizzy. 

I had difficult conversations. Not many celebrations. 

I sketched ideas, drawings and wrote words that weren't boring. I've done this my entire life ...but was unclear whether it could end up being my career. 

I did my best to keep my head up. 
I didn't give up. 

I realised that people don't always stay, and that's okay.