HEALTHY Pancakes Recipe


Sooo, a few people have asked me how I make these healthy, and delicious pancakes. 
(They're SO easy!)

All you need is:
  • Half a cup of Porridge Oats
  • 1 Banana
  • 1 Egg
  • Tsp of Vanilla Extract
  • Pinch of Salt
  • Half a Tsp of Baking powder
  • Tsp of oil to fry (I use coconut oil)
  • Fruit/nuts etc to add on top afterwards
You can change the ingredients to your liking, I have added a little Maple Syrup before, recently I added a spoonful of Nutella in to the mixture (instead of the Maple Syrup) - So it's best to just try stuff out and see which you like best!

* A Food Blender
* Spatula
* Frying Pan

Throw all of the ingredients in to the food blender (no particular order, and NOT including the fruit you're going to use to add afterwards - and don't put the oil in either!!). Whizz it all up until you have a smooth mixture, it's best if you can leave the mixture in the blender for a few minutes, but this isn't necessary.

Heat up your oil in the frying pan and then turn the heat right down (it depends on your Hob/Temperature etc but I always find it's best to have it quite low as you need to cook the pancakes all the way through but don't want them to catch and burn! So have patience when doing them!!)

Add the mixture to the pan in the size/shape you'd like your pancake to be... Start with one pancake to make sure you have the temperature right and then carry on by having 3 or 4 in a pan at a time, flipping them with a spatula.

Once I've added the mixture in the pan, I sometimes add chopped blueberries on top which then sink in to the mixture and burst when you flip them (which tastes amazing!!) - Recently I added sultanas at this point instead of blueberries, but again you can add/change what ever you like :)

As long as you have the basic ingredients, it's very simple to change bits to suit yourself!

HOPE THIS HELPS!! Enjoyyyyy x

There's a really bad, 15 second video on my Instagram > HERE