The Happy Newspaper - WORLDWIDE whaat!


As you may or may not know, in December 2015 I set up The Happy Newspaper - A newspaper to celebrate all that's good in the world, a platform to share positive news and wonderful people.

I originally launched a Kickstarter campaign after deciding I was going to make this little idea in to a reality, I set the target at £500 - which I was later told from business minded people that that definitely wasn't enough to set up anything - oops! - But, whatever. I knew that I wanted to create this so I thought even if it makes the £500 at least I'll be able to do it, print a few copies and some people might like it and buy it. It's not an understatement to say that these were genuinely my initial thoughts.

Within two days the Kickstarter reached it's target, with the help of lovely people on Twitter sharing it. It ended up almost tripling the target!

Since then the newspaper has been seen and read by people not only all over the UK but in loads of different states across America, in Sweden, Portugal, Hong Kong, Madrid, Singapore, Korea, Australia, Germany, Norway, Ireland, Dubai!?! and loads of other places too! It's so crazy to think of it sat in homes throughout the UK never mind everywhere else!

You can see the Map of all the places where people have ordered a copy of the first issue HERE 

Happy happy happy UK!

So many people talk about ideas or dreams they have or have had and never actually do anything with them. I can say from my own experience, DO IT. Whether it succeeds or fails, you'll still learn and better yourself from it. There's so many ifs, buts and maybes and not enough confidence to go and actually give it a shot. Because if you don't, you'll never know. In the end we only regret the chances we didn't take.

So, without a second thought Issue 2 is happening. The decision was made when everybody started saying "Can't wait for issue 2!" - eeeeek! But I'm super excited, if I can continue to make people happy for a living, that'll do just wonderfully.

It's funny, a lot of people seem to think or assume I have people working for me, or a big office, as if I'm a 'proper' company. But it's literally me, in the worlds tiniest office (honestly, I just bought an office chair because I was sitting on a ridiculously tiny red chair which had the bottom falling out of it ...and the new chair barely fits in, it's supposed to turn but I can't turn it without knocking something off my shelf!) every newspaper order has been packed by me, by hand in this office (apart from the first batch of orders - See photo below!). Saying all of this, I have had THE most amazing team of volunteers who have helped make the whole thing happen, I would not have been able to do it without them. From my writers who helped bring the content together to the illustrators/creatives who added their magic, Roses and Jordan who wrote poems, Gabrielle, Sam and Rebecca who wrote incredible articles and Rebecca and John who contributed food recipes and everyone who helped in any way - You're all the best ever, and I'll always be the most grateful that you helped me make it happen! 

 Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
www.thehappynewspaper.com 

My tiny office wasn't anywhere near big enough for the first batch of orders - Had to be a job for my living room!

Me in my tiny office with the first copies of The Happy Newspaper - Interview HERE